Thursday, April 28, 2011

A moment of elation.

I am in the journalism lab right now, having my down time during the day (taking an aide period was an extremely good idea) and I am quite elated.

For one thing, this long week is almost over, I have nothing major to do for tomorrow, the worst part of my stats final is over with, tomorrow is Mayhem, and in 2 weeks I will basically be done with high school (yay AP classes)!

Anyways, Jostens, the evil company who tries to sell us class rings for 200 bucks, is here today delivering caps and gowns. I specifically remember being IN THE HOSPITAL meaning NOWHERE EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO THE SCHOOL during the week that students were ordering these graduation materials, so I've been feeling slightly high-strung and sad today about not receiving my cap and gown along with the other seniors and hoping that there was still time for me to place an order.

I head down to the room allocated to Jostens for the day and explain my situation and ask what the best way to go about ordering these mandatory things would be. She asks for my name, just to make sure I'm not listed and low and behold: "Kelly Rose?"
"Oh, uh, yes...Johnson...Kelly Rose Stroot Johnson?"
"Yup, a cap and gown. You owe $37.95"
"OH! well, my money's back there, er, in the room ICANGOGETITANDCOMERIGHTBACK!"
"okay"
As I'm walking away: "yeah, my name's Kelly Rose Stroot Johnson so..."
"okay, yeah"

I now own my very own graduation gown, cap, and tassel. This is finally happening, and though I can't think about about my college as I throw my cap in the air as celebration, I've still made it through with an overabundance of credit and, more importantly, a plethora of experiences.

Besides my speaking like an idiot to the Jostens lady and the killer, Question 6 in stats, todays been pretty awesome.

That's all, though. That's my moment of elation.


Negative side of this post: Bradley has still not gotten back to me. It's been around 2 weeks and I've already sent him a reminder e-mail essentially saying "hey! don't forget about me! I still wanna do the internship!"
So, I'm hoping he's just on a nice vacation somewhere where he can't check his e-mail. Like a cruise. With WARM MELTING CHOCOLATE CAKE!

That will be my next post: how to make warm melting chocolate cake. Pics included.

I'm seriously done writing for now. CIAO

No comments:

Post a Comment