Monday, May 6, 2013

我爱你。您

I fell for you so fast, there wasn't even a start, it was just there, all along. 

There are few people who my soul attaches to in such a way. I can name perhaps two, three, one of them being you. 

But as quickly as I knew you, and my soul leaped and rejoiced and began to mold itself to become something different, something more than what it was to join in dance with your soul that floats so elegantly, we split and there was a slice down the middle as you kept moving and I stayed still, as I often do and as you need to. 

And now I feel loss. I suppose I do not need you, but I miss the movement I felt when I was moved by you. I feel a little stuck again, a little lost, a little more afraid of stepping out of where I am. 

I wish we could have stayed connected, and we tried. We said things, big things, but through the safety of distance... and time gets in the way of response so it was almost never said, or seems that way. The tree fell but there was no one around to hear, so it did not even make a sound. 

I want you to know, though, that I heard. I heard and I felt as I did the night we stayed up talking, kept away the demons and greeted the sun. 

I'm excited about your return, but I know it is bred in self-interest, my own longing to feel that movement again. And you've been changed by everything, and I have too, in my own way and I fear maybe these differing changes will not be relatable between one another. 

I guess I know, though, that I should not fear such things. Not with you. I know because I just know. 

Take your time coming back. I'll be here to experience this everything with you through new eyes. 

1 comment: