Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fuck.

That word, words, all words, no words can even come close to the description of what is inside of me and around me. Words are in a different realm-an earthly one. I feel a spiritual pain that runs deeper than the means by which this world has created to explain or communicate. Perhaps that is why I feel so lost and alone, even while I am surrounded.

But I will try.

I hear: gurgled raspy gasping breaths
I feel: the blanket that lays on atop my mother's withered legs
I smell: stale air sprayed over with happy scents–flowers, lavender, clary sage
I taste: salt tears
I see: my mother, eyes half open, unresponsive, seemingly gasping for every breath and every so often vomit-type substance falling from her mouth.
I see: my mother dying.
When I am asleep, when I am awake.

Nothing could prepare me for such an experience.

Life ain't fuckin' easy.

2 comments:

  1. My heart hurts for you, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    Some people, they like to go out dancing
    And other peoples, they have to work, Just watch me now!
    And there's even some evil mothers
    Well they're gonna tell you that everything is just dirt
    Y'know that, women, never really faint
    And that villains always blink their eyes, woo!
    And that, y'know, children are the only ones who blush!
    And that, life is just to die!
    But, everyone who ever had a heart
    They wouldn't turn around and break it
    And anyone who ever played a part
    Oh wouldn't turn around and hate it!

    Sweet Jane! Whoa-oh-oh! Sweet Jane! Sweet Jane!

    Heavenly wine and roses
    Seems to whisper to her when he smiles
    Heavenly wine and roses
    Seems to whisper to her when she smiles

    Lou Reed

    ReplyDelete