Friday, January 23, 2015

Trompin' through Europe

From our many travels and adventures, I am exhausted. But, I wanted to give a shout out to Athens--that wonderful city of Greece that welcomed us with warm rays and fantastic Couch surfing adventures. Who knew that simply being around musical artsy folks could make me feel so swell, walking down the street in a light jacket belting song after song. Before I would have been much too shy and humble. This is much more fun.

So, Athens, the city I never really saw but felt much of, I give you thanks for the rejuvenating warm respite. And for the ability to teach folks that, yes, it is perfectly acceptable to build a doghouse out of found wood while wearing an old bridesmaid's dress.

That is precisely what is happening here.

Now, I've met Italia; and with one taste of gelato have fallen in love. This and the hospitality and amazing food given by our Milano couch surfer host. A veal and yellow rice dish... I swear I have never had meat so tender!

Oh! And busking (sorta) as a first. The joys of Europe are unfolding quickly now. If I had a camera, I could show you, but alas, you'll have to wait for the video compilation.... which truly may never arrive.


Vicenza tomorrow. Goodnight!


Busking in Milan from Kelly Zenn on Vimeo.

EDIT: Some pictures for your pleasure.

Maiya turned bird-lady.

Gelato time. Photo by Maiya.

Venice canal. Such an enchanting city. Photo by: Maiya

No comments:

Post a Comment