Friday, February 26, 2016

And The Adventures of... Depression?

Today at work I was practicing a Salmon in the Classroom presentation in which I used my hand to remember five salmon types. I looked down at my ring finger, which is used to remember silver salmon, as silver is often worn on that finger, and I noticed my mother's wedding ring. I then remembered that my mom was dead, somewhat suddenly, and began to cry until I heard the printer start up and immediately pretended to be on the phone so that the person who came to pick up their stuff wouldn't notice.

After work, in an effort to make my life less depressing, I found a meetup that looked pretty fun hosted at a brewery an hour away where you could choose between brews such as the campfire and peanut butter brew. I wrote a message to say I was new to the group, but was excited about coming and would be late and the response was: "okay." At this response I surmised that the organizer likely hated me, preferred I didn't come, and if I did go, everyone would just pretend to enjoy the fact that I was there. So, I didn't go.
...I think I have a problem.
And, I'm a master at self sabotage.

In an effort to drown my sorrows of crippling social anxiety, I opened, for the first time, a recipe book exclusively filled with chocolate recipes. As I flipped through it I realized that what I really wanted was the melting chocolate cake recipe that is my go-to in chocolate-craving times. Another flip revealed a notecard with that exact recipe written in my mother's hand.
I don't have enough eggs.

The End.

In other news, my nieces are hilarious:


No comments:

Post a Comment