Monday, October 6, 2014

9/26/2014


What if I had stayed? What if I had not persisted in the pursuit of my new frontier?

There was a ping of disappointment when I realized I could still take those first steps away from everything I knew and was, from you, whom I loved so much; and the cozy system of understanding… but just a ping.

Somewhere deep inside I trusted the instinct to throw myself out. Now, three years later, I am endlessly grateful for that leap of faith, for that persistence, for that twist from fear to adventure. Now, I am here. I am not all that I ever want to be, but I am here–in a life I could not have dreamt existed. Now, I am so thankful, for my life. This is something that oft receives no praise from me, but it’s easy to get caught up in the sorrows of not only myself, but those I love. My life, though, solely mine, the one created by luck and miracle, etched out and fought for by myself and my loved ones; this one I am thankful for.

This will not last all moments, but this moment is as true as any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment