Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Descendants

Good.

Completely uncontrived.

It is the only movie I've seen that is not exploitive to the human condition.


It hits you in a way that you may not expect. You sit there and at some point you realize all you're watching is truth.


The theater was packed, so the three of us that came together had to separate and sit alone in the crowded mass. After the movie was over I began to exit but then stopped and searched for my mom. I found her, and went upstream to go sit next to her. I had to cross in front of a few teenage boys, who then proceeded to continue looking over at me. I wondered if it was because they thought I was pretty, or if they were just confused by my coming up and sitting down just to watch the credits.

I did it out of love and tradition, so if they were wondering the latter, that's the answer.
In my family, we wait until the last credit has rolled to remove ourselves from the theater. And simply because we weren't seated together, and the third person in our party had already exited, didn't mean we were going to break that tradition.

After the last credit rolled, we got up and left; completely uncontrived.

p.s. The beer I brewed with Alex is now bottled! In two weeks it should be ready for tasting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment