Saturday, April 14, 2012

Time Continues

I have to be very conservative with my internet, so this can't be too long, though I often think of interesting things to write about, I don't acttually have the time or energy to write them down, so you guys just get this little note.

Let's see... last week the guy I'm kinda sorta seeing sliced his hand with a woodcutter and had to go to the hospital. That was a pretty terrible day. I'm not talking a knick, I mean a full on, he's bloody lucky he still has his hand. It was scary as... and of course the rumors of what happened were much worse than the truth, throughout the day I had been told that it was a cut with a chainsaw and that he'd be flown in a helicopter to Auckland and stay in the hospital for 4 days, wouldn't ever get control of that hand again (BAD, it was his fret hand and he is a musician), and finally that because it was a cash in hand job, he'd have to pay full price for all of the medical stuff.


Turns out it was a clean cut with a woodcutter, he came back that night from the hospital an hour away in whangeri, he'll get full use of his hand, and he doesn't have to pay a cent. In fact he now even has free accomodation in the flat at our hostel, which is pretty fuckiun sweet, bro! But still, it means he can't work and he just had surgery this week and it'll take 6 weeks to heal, i.e. 6 weeks of being 1 handed. Oh well, at least it's only 6 weeks and not the rest of his life like it easily could've been. :p

So that was a pretty shit day. And unfortunetly I have nothing else to really report. I've spent all my time working pretty much. I've worked everyday since last Tues. and won't have a day off until probably next Sun. 12 days of work without a break... it sucks. But my next paycheck will be about 540 ish dollars. So far I've made 365 bucks about. So, hey... I'll actually be able to travel NZ at SOME point. I'm eager to get out and see things, but it'll still be awhile. For now it's the 6 am wake up calls to go and do shit work for 9 hours.

I'm sorry, that sounds really negativee, as though I'm really disliking being here now, but I'm not. I still enjoy it a lot, and there was one morning of work when I felt like absolute shit and was wondering why the hell I was where I was in my life, but a quick "get it together, Kelly" pep talk and getting myself to see the good things as well as the bad (see? not blindly optimistic) put me right again. And everyday I make about 100 dollars, and everyday I get a little closer to the south island. Life'ss good, it's just a little boring.

Though with these people, life can never really be TOO boring. :p

Anyway, that's all I have time for. But, I'm alive, and I won't have a day off for awhile so don't start thinking otherwise just because I don't update.

My live is sent.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment