Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Untitled

I walked 10 minutes through an open field in the pouring rain to write this post that I've been avoiding for some time now. Damn you reality, why must you haunt me?

After 7 years, the cancer came back. My mom starts chemo today and the fight begins again.

I've been told I do not need to come home, and that is really the best news I can be given at this time... it means its manageable.

So it's out on the table now. I'd rather now go into continuing my travel blog...

The day I found out this news my friends forced me to go with them to Charlie's Rock, which is a place with a waterfall and a bucnh of rocks you can jump from. I didn't have to energy to swim, but I did sit atop the waterfall and stick my feet in the rushing water. It was something I'd never imagined I'd get to do.

The whole thing was surreal, though. I had that nagging anxious feeling banging away at me as I hiked the New Zealand countryside. It's weird being so far away from home with something like this. Not necessarily bad, since there's nothing I could really be doing to help if I were home, but just strange.

Last Monday all the girls went to a Scottish country dancing class. It was heaps of fun, and I feel as though I got to know the girls better.

And finally, I accepted Hendrix today. With everything, being 14 hours away seems a little too far, and they will be able to better provide for me since they are a richer school, to put it bluntly.

I'm still doing quite well even with everything. The last thing I need is people worrying about me. I'm fine. I'm still in Majestic New Zealand and I've got a lot of good people around me.

I'll be working tomorrow and most days after that so it'll be harder to get ahold of me, I think. I'll still try to respond to emails and such.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment