Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Workworkwork

Just a quick update as I spent far too much of my internet time on facebook, 

I'm working 70 hours a week now. Making 650 bucks a week. This is my 1st day off in 15 days. Oh how the time flies.

Packing kiwifruit is not altogether miserable, but it isn't that delightful of a job either. The people I work with are quite nice and it's becoming more and more like a family team rather than a bunch of strangers working together. Boring as the job may be, I still often think to myself, wow... my life is still pretty interesting, ya know, cuz how many people can say they worked in a kiwi factory in New Zealand? yeah, yeah? Not many Americans. 

I've had lot's of good things interspersed within the work of course. Even though right now I'm not having a GRAND time, in just another month I should be off in the South Island having the adventure everyone imagines I'm currently having. :p But I need to wait until then, when I've got 2000 dollars in the bank and can actually afford to travel. I'm broke as! 

But that's all I have time for... sorry for the lame post, I just can't be bothered to have a big huge update and be on the computer for much longer. I've found that I can no longer spend the whole day on the comp. It makes me really really antsy. 

Oreos are so much better in America.

And tea time is dinner time. I'm living with far too many English!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment