Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar-prompted-post

I've always considered myself a movie buff, yet recently I've felt very detached while watching movies. I first noticed it while I was at Hendrix, and I assumed it was just because I was too stimulated by other things to really settle down and focus on one thing. But when I came back home it was the same way. It fills me with discomfort, this new development of not being able to connect emotionally with the films.

I've never experienced this before, and I'm hoping it's just a phase. That ability to really watch and feel films has been a part of me that I love. This hiatus is disconcerting.

And one of the women that helped create my attachment to films, Meryl Streep, just won her third Oscar!!

Tears did well, I kid you not. But I wasn't alive for her other academy award wins, so being able to watch her receive that award meant a lot to me.

So, in light of the emotionally wonky day I've had and her nomination, I am going to watch Mamma Mia!

I hope it leads to a reopening of that connection. Meryl's never let me down before!

No comments:

Post a Comment