Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A backtrack into the life of an intern farmer. Part 3

I am now on Wed. I believe, so here we go:

In the morning we did our regular CSA pick and process activities, but in the evening we had a special visit from Jimmy and Amanda!

Jimmy and Sebastian seem to be made for each other. It's truly incredible how well they get along. I simply can't compete. :p

So while we waited for Jen to make dinner, we all helped cut broccoli and entertain Sebastian. And of course we conversed a lot as well, meaning, that night was the night I got to know Amanda a little bit better and she's really really cool! She even made a cake… I believe she said it was apple and shoot… something else. I can't remember now. But I think it was one of the first cakes she's ever made, and it was delicious! She seems to have a baking gene.

Oh! And one of the most shocking things: I could see Jimmy's face! When he worked at the farm he had shaggy hair and a big full beard, however, that night he was clean shaven with really short hair. It was like I was meeting someone completely different! oh… bizarre.

But the dinner was great! Unfortunately, they only stayed for that dinner and then had to go back to work on schoolwork. belgh!

And by the way, my plans to become the Jimmy replacement, eating wise, are totally working. Some of the main dish was left over and Jen told Jimmy to just finish it but before he could take it I said I would help (i'd been eyeing it since i finished my first helping) and ended up finishing the majority of it. Jimmy himself said I was the new him. So I'd say it's a success.

Though it's come with some consequences.

That week I had a gaining weight cries when i got on the scale and realized I went from being 102 lbs to 116 lbs. yeah yeah-It's mostly just muscle and I was too skinny in the first place.

I GET IT! Something I'm irritated by is that I can't talk about my actual feelings in the weight area. People always yell at me when I attempt. But seriously, I get it! I'm not fat and I shouldn't be worried.

But hey! I'm not used to my body changing like this. I've never gained weight.. really, so when I'm looking for some sort of support don't yell at me and tell me I'm skinny. I'm going through a post-puberty puberty. :p And I get it. I really do. I'm small and i'm not going to go on any crazy diets or anything. rah rah rah! okay. I'm done.

So yes, i've definitely gained some weight while i've been here and it shows. But it's nothing too bad… just different and i'll have to get used to my new, and I'm sure now, ever-changing body.

that's all for now. Stay tuned though! I still hope to write at least one post a day till I get caught up.

1 comment:

  1. Hah, post-puberty puberty... I love those little sayings you make up. Hopefully you won't give people hard times about you being "fat" anymore. :-p

    ReplyDelete