Sunday, October 2, 2011

West Point

I'm sorry the updates have been so scant, I've just been so busy!

So, let's see if I can recall what's happened…

West Point! that's where I left off, I believe.

Can you believe I, Kelly Zenn, was at a military base?! It's a little crazy and I never expected to ever stand on a base in my whole life. But it happened, and it was pretty cool.

I now understand the "love" of military men. haha! There is something very… appealing about them. And life as an army wife seems a little more clarified now, you're treated with a weird extra amount of respect…being a citizen and also always being mistaken as Duncan's girlfriend. :p

So I guess…here's what basically happened:
I met him at a little resteraunt in Highland Falls, the town outside of West Point, and we caught up as much as we could and then he showed me around the campus. It was beautiful! I fell in love with it immediately–a beautiful view of the hudson river and an incredible library…I was set.

And Duncan was awesome! He was just as sweet as I had remembered, but seemed more handsome and even more gentlemanly. It was super awesome seeing him. And I had such a good time, I really didn't wanna leave…but alas–I had to. :p

The structure of West Point was insane! I'll let him explain it, but basically…what all my other college friends are saying, "freedom!" It's completely opposite for him.

That night we saw Gabriel Iglesias, a stand up comedian, and it was AMAZING!! It was that type of funny where you want to laugh more than you are physically able…. Such a good show. Such a good day. Such a good visit.

I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment