Friday, June 22, 2012

Sad days

Im actually typing this up a week after I wrote it: journal entry from the day we left the frenchies: I'm having a hard time holding back the tears and the giant lump that is stuck in my throat. What is it about goodbyes that creates such strong reactions? Piers, Stefan, and I are headed to Clinton-our first wwoofing adventure-it's exciting, but right now all I feel is loss. Even though it had a bit of a rocky start, the ultimate road trip ended up being a huge success. Two islands in one month, friends I will never forget, and a lifetime of memories. Crazy to think that back in welly I was ready to leave everyone. Just goes to show how a bit of perseverance goes a long way. Oh my. It may not have been the adventure I imagined or expected, but it sure was one hell of a month I will never forget. :end journal entry: Now is my last night with piers and Stefan! It's weird to think I may never see these people again-these people who Ive spent nearly every waking minute with for the past 3 months. Seems impossible that they'd ever really be out of my life. And I don't think they will be-we've all made lasting impressions on one another. But I'm off on my own again, though this time I'm meeting up with a whole heap of friends in Christchurch-it's gunna be tiiight!

No comments:

Post a Comment