Monday, June 25, 2012

Woes to woahs

After my previous ordeal and many hours spent homeless, I've done a complete 180. By this, I mean I am now living in a home with my own room, a giant bed larger than my parents', my own bathroom, a radio with an NPR-like station which plays classical music, heaps and heaps of delicious, tasty food (including pudding!), sheep, alpaca, chickens, turkeys, cows, ponies, and views that will knock you on your ass. And I get all this for pretty easy work... About 5 hours of raking pine needles today. :-/ I'd rather be weeding or doing something more farm related. That's the only problem, I'm here in the most comfortable place I've ever been in NZ, but I'm bored... In the sense that I'm not really learning anything here. I'm TOO comfortable. It's like being home-I can stay up late sitting on the couch watching movies and eating ice cream. As much as I love doing this, that is not why I'm here. So, strangely, I'm glad that I only have 1-2 more days here. Though I do think if I stayed longer, I may be able to learn something about brewing from mike as he brews his own beer, however, he currently works nights in christchurch, so isn't around much. But, in any case, I'm making the most of this relaxing respite from the dirty life of a backpacker. I walked up the large hill on the property this afternoon and had an incredible view of the Canterbury plains whose outline was marked by large snow-capped mountains. sorry I have no pictures, i officially have no camera as my iPhone is being a bitch. After my walk, I sat down on the outside patio and read in the sun, then went in for dinner which was a 3 course meal, and am now currently watching dancing with wolfs in my heated bed, sipping on tea. My next stop is Auckland once this wwoof is over, and then it is home for me. I'm eager, yet not ready at the same time. It'll be quite a shock coming home, I think. It's even weird for me to be here living in the home when I'm used to sleeping either on a dirty mattress in a shack, or in various methods of transport, or in hostels where you can wake up to the man sleeping above you wankin' away. that's it for now. P.S. pudding means dessert here, so by pudding I meant sweet rice and ice cream. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment