Monday, June 4, 2012

Indulging desires in Wellington

It began with an egg. But not just one egg, I wanted heaps. A plate filled with a mountain of eggs! The cravings began two days ago and slowly built up until the crushing weight of my yearnings were too strong-I became weak under its pressure and when I saw eggs Benedict on the menu of a strange cafe located in a home and garden store, I cracked-just like the eggs that were shortly thereafter released into the frying pan. The circle of life. Price? $16 Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), it didn't end there. After a nudge from the fates (a German girl I'd met previously asking me if I had plans that night), I cracked again. But what a delightful break it was! $4 for the best cappuccino to have graced my lips, complimented perfectly by the live jazz playing in front of me whilst I sat in cafe lido trying to make sense of the broken English my new friend was using. Pure brilliance. Pure bliss. Leaving the smooth sounds that breathe fire in my soul was a sombre task, however, my friend was tired (and probably straight up didn't like jazz). But we battled the Wellington wind home to our hotel hostel where I was rewarded with a huddle of friends and a good movie. ...whoever said money can't buy happiness was a liar...

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like comforting food, delicious music and the connection with a friend to bring a smile to our lips!!

    ReplyDelete