Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 2

I told you it'd get better!

I'm still not having THE TIME OF MY LIFE, but I'm much less curl up into a ball and wonder why the hell I did this...

I have a travel companion now! We're planning on buying a campervan and making our way down to Franz Joseph for some skydiving. Unfortunately I can't spell his name. But he's from England and is not too keen on traveling alone either. We went out to dinner last night and split some NY pizza. I told him it didn't compare.

We walked around Auckland for a bit just looking around, and that was kinda nice. It'ds been cloudy and rainy since I got here but the temp is nice. We're planning on going to Rangito (?) Island in Thurs when it's supposed to be sunny.

My other roomates are from Germany, Sweden, and one other place... though I'm not sure where yet since I haven't formally met Pete.

I also have two potential jobs lined up, both dealing more with housecare than farming... but hey, they have accomodation.

By the way, there are a TON of asains here. I see more Asains than I do New Zealanders, I think. Also, a weird thing, is I am def. a minority. There any other Americans that I've met, and Jessica, my German roomate, has been traveling for over a year and said I was the first American she'd met.

I'm also going to meet up with Ky at some point today since he called me to set something up. Hopefully he'll have some good advice since he's been backpacking for awhile now.

My pack is SO HEAVY. If I was doing any real trekking with that thing... I would probably pass out. Luckily, I can handle the small jaunts I've had to do with it. Note to self-travel when it's summer to fall or spring to summer. none of this winter stuff... it makes my pack waay too heavy.

My english friend and I are also planning on going to a music store that's down on Queen St. so we can play Piano, so that'll be a fun activity.

Now to all my friends reading, I gotta tell you, don't travel alone. It's not so much that it's scary... it's just too lonely. There are some people that can do it and love it, but I am not one of them, and I know you guys aren't either, eve if you say you're antisocial, take someone with you!! I'm just lucky I met someone who is in a similar situation as me that I get along with.

gtg orientation!

No comments:

Post a Comment