Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quick Quick update!

The office closes in 5 minutes but I'm so excited because of my Rangitoto excursion today!

Also, I wanted to let you know I'm heading to Kerikeri this weekend, which is in the Bay of Islands to work picking kiwifruit (i'm in the middle of the lag between grape picking and pruning in the vineyards. :( oh well).

But, Rangitoto-

I hiked 1.5 hours up a volcano to it's summit and even went through some of its lava caves all on my own! I compare this to walking up Bartoleme which was with a tour guide and I feel that took away a bit of the experience for me. Now I feel like i can conquer so much more, am capable of so much more, and holt shit, the views from the summit were out of this world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangitoto_Island

No comments:

Post a Comment