Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A suicide?

I watched a person jump from a bridge today.

But don't worry, the line didn't snap!

I witnessed my first bungy jump during my STRAY day trip and boy was it strange... they just fall right off a ledge! But I wasn't down at the bottom watching, I climbed up with em! I was miles above the water, walking alone the underhangings of a large bridge over the pacific ocean.
That's a good way to spend an afternoon, eh?

I met lot's of different travellers, from Dublin, Germany, Scotland, France, NYC, the Netherlands, England, Poland, etc etc. Had lunch with a woman from Germany and a man from Dublin, both are probably in their 40s or over, and gave me some good traveling tips. Dublin man also assured me that not all hostels are like Base, the one I'm staying in now. Most, he said, are much better. Which is awesome! Because, I already feel totally at home at base, and if they can only get better than I'm really set. Thank you easy adaptability.

Before lunch I was able to taste a free 1/2 pint beer, and then with lunch I was given a free pint with lunch. If you know me at all, you know I can't drink all of that, so I ended up leaving almost the entire pint! I felt bad, but hey.. if I feel myself succumbing at all to the alc, I stop. Just not in a totally comfortable place yet, otherwise I'd feel more comfortable drinking a bit.

Last night I ended up going down to the pier with piers (haha, I made fun of him a lot for that) and we just chatted and watched the sunset over the water. It was very pleasant. I then got some REALLY FUCKING AMAZING gelato. Damn people. Come to NZ and get their gelato...it's worth the 1400 dollar ticket.

Sorry I haven't been responding to emails recently, there are just so many and I'm using most of my internet time for updating this for everyone and then doing job search related things. I hope I can get back to all the emails before I leave Auckland (hopefully Sat at the latest), but if I can't know that I really appreciate all of them and if there's anything you NEED from me put URGENT in the subject line.

By the way, I can easily recieve mail. So send me some parcels!
PO box 1786 Shortland st. Auckland, New Zealand, 1140

PS. I'm not back on facebook. Def. don't have time for that, I just needed to message Nathan a question I had about NZ since he was here for 5 months last year and that's my only way of contacting him. Sorry to disappoint!

My love is sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment